Thursday, October 28, 2010

What is your fave way to eat or cook a hot dog? Traditionally boiled, Fried, microwave, etc?

Today my roommate, my 2 friends, my cousin and I would like to make some hot dogs but we're having a silly argument over what technique is best because each one of us have our own way of making them.



This brings me to ask a question to my fellow hot dog lovers.

What type of hot dog is the best tasting, and which cooking style will produce the BEST flavor. Provided you have a good quality hot dog that is.



So, how do you like your hot dog?

A) Boiled in water (old school)



B) Ripper aka Deep frying in oil (New Jersey Style)



C) Steamed on a poppy bun(Chicago style)



D) Roasted over an open flame with a skewer stick (';Campfire/Smores style'; )



E) Charcoal Grilled on an outdoor BBQ pit (Smoked)



F) On a portable concession type roller (Stadium style)



G) Split open and Pan Fried on lightly greased skillet



H) Cooked in a Microwave until it burst



I) Non-fire Grill-Fried (George Foreman grill or Panni Grill)



J) Mexi-Cali style!!! Crunchy bacon wrapped dog steam fried in onions and peppers. If you live in Southern California then you know what i'm talking about! LOL!!!!!



So, which style (s) do you prefer? Which taste the best to you?



Also, just curious...which is your least fave.



Thanks All

Beth Al %26amp; CompanyWhat is your fave way to eat or cook a hot dog? Traditionally boiled, Fried, microwave, etc?
My favorite: E) Charcoal Grilled on an outdoor BBQ pit (Smoked)





My least favorite: A) Boiled in water (old school)



I don't buy any particular brand but I usually don't buy the cheapest. I like them plump.What is your fave way to eat or cook a hot dog? Traditionally boiled, Fried, microwave, etc?
Favorite:

A) Boiled in water (old school)



Least Favorite:

G) Split open and Pan Fried on lightly greased skillet
that mexi cali one is not mexicali it is greek. the home of the coney dog. i made those in a greek restaurant 25 yrs ago. the mexican immigrants took it as their own. that is however he best damn dog you ever had
I prefer mine Baked in the toaster oven - preheated 350掳F approx 3-5 min
I like my dogs grilled or boiled with Sauteed onions on top.
(E) my favorite is to burn the little dog on the outside but nice and tender inside w/only ketchup. I'm very boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment