Thursday, October 28, 2010

Help with a Texas Brisket...any ideas...?

I grew up in Texas and my dad was the go to guy for beef brisket, now I live in L.A, I have a charcoal grill but not a smoker. How can I get that great flavor in my oven. Should I cook it on the grill for a while over low heat the move it to the oven. Any help or ideas would be great. Side note my father passed away a 4 years ago and I never got around to asking him how he did his brisket.Help with a Texas Brisket...any ideas...?
i don't know alot about it, but i seem to remember that you should marinate it for at least a day and then cook very low and slow.Help with a Texas Brisket...any ideas...?
I agree with the above poster, low and slow cooking is needed. Try buying a bottle of liquid smoke and incorporate that into your marinade or BBQ sauce.
This recipe comes pretty close to a smoky flavor but is made in the oven. Hope it helps!



Oven Barbecued Brisket

http://www.recipe4living.com/Recipe/4939鈥?/a>



Imagine how your kitchen will smell once you open your oven. This dish is amazing.



Ingredients



4 lb. lean beef brisket

2 Tbs. liquid smoke flavoring

1 Tbs. onion salt

1 Tbs. garlic salt

1 1/2 Tbs. brown sugar

1 C. ketchup

3 Tbs. butter

1/4 C. water

1/2 tsp. celery salt

1 Tbs. liquid smoke flavoring

2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce

1 1/2 tsp. mustard powder

Salt and pepper to taste



Directions



Pour liquid smoke over brisket. Rub with onion salt and garlic salt. Roll brisket in foil and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place brisket in a large roasting pan. Cover and bake for 5 to 6 hours. Remove from oven, cool, and then slice. Put slices back into pan. In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, ketchup, butter, water, celery salt, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir, and cook until boiling. Pour sauce over meat slices in pan. Cover and bake for 1 more hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment