Thursday, October 28, 2010

Do i use alot of coals when I'm cooking with hickory chips?

I am soaking hickory chips right now and I am wondering how many coals of charcoal do i use under neath the wet chips...do I use a little or a lot? I dont want my chips to dry to quickly but I want there to be enough heatDo i use alot of coals when I'm cooking with hickory chips?
The hickory chips will add flavor, but won't add heat. If your goal is a direct-medium fire, then you'll need a single layer of charcoal.



You may find the grilling tips and cookout calculator at charcoalbob.com helpful. It provides instructions for how to grill steaks, burgers, chicken breast, pork chops, etc.Do i use alot of coals when I'm cooking with hickory chips?
Depends on how long of a cooking time you need. If you need a long cooking time use lots of coal. If it's a small cut of meat use a little. The hickory chips wont add much heat. You can sprinkle some of them on every half hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment