Friday, October 22, 2010

How do I cook a brisket with a gas grill or just the oven?

I want to cook a barbecue style brisket, except, I don't have a smoker or charcoal grill. I have a gas grill, an oven, and a crock pot. My brisket is pretty small, only 2 pounds. How can I cook it ?How do I cook a brisket with a gas grill or just the oven?
3-4 LB. on low 10-12 hours in a crock pot with slices of onion placed in the bottom first then what ever liquid you want to use. I use bbq. I know this isnt one or the choices but my opinion.How do I cook a brisket with a gas grill or just the oven?
You would be better off baking it in the oven than the gas grill. Propane give off water vapor when it burns. Not a problem if you are searing at high temp, but not good for long slow cooking like you need to do with a brisket.
This is a very small brisket. I would cook it in the oven for 4 hours. Get a baking dish and put some foil paper in it. place the brisket in the foil. pour some soy and teriyaki sauce on it or oil base italian dressing with worchestire sauce - wrap it tight in the foil. cook in the oven for about 4 hours at 350. check it and see if it is tender.
Well one guy was close. Forget about that teriyaki crap. Mix water with beef boullion pour into the bottom of a baking dish. Season the brisket as you like but dont salt as salt will mkae it tough. Cover with lid or foil bake at 325-350 until its tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment