Thursday, October 28, 2010

What is the best marinate for boneless pork ribs? Also, do you think my marinade recipe is good or bad?

I first rinsed off my boneless pork ribs. Then I put them in a metal bowl. I then added brown sugar, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, and a little bit of red pepper flakes. Then I covered my ribs with plastic wrap, and I plan to let them marinate all night. I learned this simple marinade in culinary school last semester. Please let me know if you think it sounds ok, and if it could be improved any. I thought about adding some garlic, or a tiny bit of garlic Thai chili paste, but I don't want to overpower my ribs with to many ingredients for the marinade.



Now, do you have your own marinade for boneless pork ribs?



Also, I plan to sear both sides of the ribs. After that is over with, I plan to cook my ribs in the oven on 350 degrees for 15 minutes. I did this once before and it was great.



How long would you do this with either ribs or steak on a charcoal grill? And with steak, what is a good marinade? I plan to maybe make steak for Memorial day. Thanks for any answers.What is the best marinate for boneless pork ribs? Also, do you think my marinade recipe is good or bad?
Your marinade sounds fine to me.



I color those ribs in a hot skillet about 3 min per side. Then, I braise my ribs (covered) in a 300 degree the oven with beer and onions. Then, after 1.5 hours, I pull them out and toss the beer. I pour some homemade BQ sauce over the ribs and onions and bake them (uncovered) until fork tender. They are to die for.



I used to finish them on the grill. No one wants to wait that long because they've been smelling them cook for a long time.What is the best marinate for boneless pork ribs? Also, do you think my marinade recipe is good or bad?
Your marinade sounds good, but as for the cooking the ribs only 15 minutes I think you need to cook them a bit longer than that. I cooked bone in ribs last night in the oven for 3 hours at 350. As for steaks I use a package of marinade from Johnny Walker it makes the steak so tender you can use a butter knife to cut them. Another good marinade I use for steaks is Italian salad dressing letting the steak marinate over night mmmmm good.
I marinate my boneless pork ribs (or beef) in liquid smoke, then cook them on LOW setting in the crockpot for 8 hours. Talk about deeelicious! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment