Friday, October 22, 2010

How long do I cook 3lbs of bone in pork chops in a 300 degree oven?

Hi I just bought 4, 3/4 inch thick pork chops with part of the loin attached. They weigh 3lbs. I put them in square pan and into a 300 degree oven. I don't have a thermometer, but how long should they cook for. I don't want charcoal, but I want to be safe too! Thanks.How long do I cook 3lbs of bone in pork chops in a 300 degree oven?
I cook my porkchops at 350 for 45 mins.. so for 300 i would guess an hour or a little more. Check the meat before taking it out. Cut the biggest on from the middle down and see if the color is white.. white is cooked for this kind of meat... as long as no pink is in there it is good



Best of luckHow long do I cook 3lbs of bone in pork chops in a 300 degree oven?
5-10 min
You need to bump up the temp to 325, 20-25min per lb, that will give you medium well
Normally I cook about that much pork chops for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees, and they are PERFECT and juicy. In a 300 degree oven... maybe a little over an hour? The best way to check is to cut into the middle of a chop, and verify that the meat is not rare. Good luck!
I don't know, but 300 degrees isn't hot enough to cook pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment