Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'll be charcoal grilling some chicken today, using the ';indirect'; grilling method. How long will it take?

I am going to BBQ some chicken today on my charcoal grill. I like using the ';indirect method'; meaning you arrange coals in such a manner as you can put meat on the grill with no coals directly below it. This allows for slow cooking and grilling, and your BBQ basically becomes more of an oven and smoker. The results are fabulous, smoky flavored meat.



I'll season the chicken, then give it a quick searing on the hot part of the grill before placing it on the low heat area.



How long do you think it might take for it to be fully cooked?



I'm guessing at least 3o minutes.



Any ideas?



Thanks!I'll be charcoal grilling some chicken today, using the ';indirect'; grilling method. How long will it take?
this is really not east to answer. it would depend on what temperature it is in the grill. the amount of coals will affect that a lot. what parts of the chicken? wings cook quickly, breasts take longer and dark meat even longer. there are so many variables. sorry i couldn't give a precise answer.I'll be charcoal grilling some chicken today, using the ';indirect'; grilling method. How long will it take?
yeah mabey about 30 min.

can i have some?:)
45 minutes at a good heat

No comments:

Post a Comment