Friday, October 22, 2010

How do I operate a charcoal grill properly?

I just purchased a new charcoal grill for the summer. I grew up living with my mom, so we NEVER grilled anything growing up. Therefore, yeah, I don't know the first thing about using a grill. I've just always eaten what others cook up on them. Now I have my own and I would like to know all about it from someone who knows their stuff. I actually tried using it for the first time today and it was a total disaster. I didn't know how long to let the fire burn before closing the lid or anything. I ended up getting bitten by mosquitos and having the hair on my arms burned off before the flames eventually exploded right in my face and I finally gave up. Can somebody tell me how much charcoal, what kind of charcoal, how long to let the fire burn before closing the lid, what the vent (holes) in the bottom half of the grill are for, how to set them, when i should close the lid while cooking and basically everything you know about using a charcoal grill? I would also love some safety tips! Thanx!How do I operate a charcoal grill properly?
The link below will help you more than I can. It would take me all night to tell you everything you need to know. I will tell you that you NEVER add lighter fluid to the coals after they are lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment