Friday, October 22, 2010

Natural Wood Charcoal....grillers please help!?

Hi All,

I'm just starting to cook on my little weber grill with charcoal, since the food tastes so good with it...The first few times I used your basic kingsford charcoal, but I hear its toxic...SO

How do you use those natural wood charcoal products? I have been trying all afternoon, and cannot seem to keep the natural wood/charcoal lit...(No the directions did not help...The directions are to light til they burn orange...)Natural Wood Charcoal....grillers please help!?
I always had the most success with covering some newpaper with some vegetable oil (lightly, just mist it on and rub it in), and sticking that in the bottom of a chimney starter. Add the charcoal on top, lLight the newspaper, and the oil will act like a wick keeping it burning as your coals burn down. When they turn bright orange, transfer them to your grill and have at it.



(It gets really hot underneith the chimney starter, so never ever place it directly on the ground while heating. I've always just placed the chimney starter on the grate of my grill while it was heating--then I can just lift up the starter, remove the grill, and dump the charcoal in without a lot of fuss).

No comments:

Post a Comment