Friday, October 22, 2010

I have 4 ribeyes that are about 1.5 lbs each.?

These are farm raised and hand cut .I'm going to cook them over charcoal with some dry hickory tonight . Is anyone else cooking steak tonight if so tell my how.I have 4 ribeyes that are about 1.5 lbs each.?
marinate the meat with: garlic powder....fresh black pepper and salt..yes SALT....don't be shy with ANY of it..cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for at least 2 hours. remove from fridge at least 1/2 hour before cooking.

once ALMOST at desired done-ness,,,,,take OFF bbq and cover with tin foil for at least 10 minutes....this will make sure that the juices stay in the meat, and not have your steaks be dry..this is called ';letting them rest'; and it works wonderfully.



think about making a bit of bernais sauce....there are MANY packaged pre-made bernais sauces,,and they are just great....get some crab meat....have the crab on top of the meat once it's taken off the bbq...and then just before serving...put a bit of the bernaise on top...what a wonderful meal.

baked potatoes....and for dessert...slice up some pineapple and do it on the charcoal...serve that with some vanilla ice cream.

don't forget the beer !!!I have 4 ribeyes that are about 1.5 lbs each.?
I do almost all the cooking at our house...and I like to make each meal as special as I can. I constantly search for new recipes and try them out. Thanks for choosing my answer, and I hope your bbq was awesome !!!! have more ideas for diff steaks contact me

flyboss1107@yahoo.com

Report Abuse


Just knock mine in the head and wave it over the flames.

That grilled pineapple is good with swordfish too.

Report Abuse


No, but if I make some kick *** potato salad can I come over?
http://www.bbqrecipesecrets.com/howlong.鈥?/a>
I was going to try this one tonight.....I love med rare



1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

1 tablespoon chopped parsley

1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil

1 clove garlic, minced

2 beef t-bone steaks or porterhouse steaks



In a small bowl combine butter, blue cheese, parsley, basil and garlic.

Set aside.

Grill steaks to desired doneness.

Top each steak with a generous amount of the butter mixture.

Chill the remaining butter for another time.

(Try the butter mixture tossed with hot cooked vegetables).
I'm going over. I'll bring the wine.
I throw on some kosher salt, fresh ground peppercorns and rub in some minced garlic. Throw on the grill for about 4 min. ea. side and Yumm! Warm and bloody!
Yummmmm! Don't ruin a great chunk of cow by hiding it under a bunch of seasonings. Just grill it until the inside is pink but hot (medium rare). That takes me about 7-8 minutes per side. Turn only once. Let the one eating it put whatever seasoning they want to hide it with on at the table. Garnish with a few deep fried onion rings or fries, a glass of wine, and maybe a green veggie. Don't get too fancy with a beautiful cut of meat.
Sounds like you got it under control, Little salt and cracked pepper thats all a good steak needs. Wish I could come over sounds great.

No comments:

Post a Comment