Friday, October 22, 2010

What is the best way to grill chicken with charcoal? I heard you should bake it first; is this correct?

I have a Weber charcoal grill. I heard you should bake your chicken before you grill it...is this correct? How should I prepare and cook the chicken safely and make it delicious?What is the best way to grill chicken with charcoal? I heard you should bake it first; is this correct?
This sounds wierd but works..I soak mine in a brine overnight (salt water, with some brown sugar) -then rinse..then I mirowave with some waterdowned sauce (bbq) hten I put on the grill. The brining makes it very moist, and it cooks faster....(water conducts heat)....Happy bbqingWhat is the best way to grill chicken with charcoal? I heard you should bake it first; is this correct?
i always boil mine.

if there is no bone in the chicken i would just grill them

if there is a bone, boil chicken for 15 minutes, then add to marinade and then grill to finish
I will usually boil mine for about 15 min then put it on the grill. if you have a smoker that works wonderful for chicken...and adds the best flavor...and its is great because you don't have to worry with it....but if you grill...pre-cook the chicken and then grill it for flavor....
If Im going to bake a chicken first Im not going to grill it, I mean why makes no sense... Ive always been told to boil it first but I dont do that either... I just toss it on the grill and cook it thoroughly and constantly turn it after putting whatever sauce on it....
I never ever pre cook my chicken before grilling. I do find that chicken breasts tend to dry out on the grill, so I usually use thighs instead. I put the chicken on a very hot grill, close the lid, so it cooks slow, and the outside doesn't burn before the inside has a chance to cook thoroughly. Always try to use Kingsford charcoal, as it holds the heat longer and stays lit, where as the other brands tend to burn out before your chicken is cooked. I put veg oil, salt and pepper on before grilling that way it doesn't stick to the grill.
No, you do not need to bake it first. That defeats the purpose of grilling it. I don't do anything to mine other than thaw it out and season it (sometimes I marinade it).
I have never pre-cooked my chicken before grilling. Just marinate pieces, then grill at a low temp, so as not to burn.
Just grill it.



No boiling.



No baking.



Grilling only.



http://www.demonpigbbq.com/recipes.html
  • web hosting domains
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment