Friday, October 22, 2010

How to cook on a charcoal smoker without it burning out?

I bought a ';bullet shaped'; charcoal smoker. I even bought a charcoal chimney to get things going with nice and hot charcoal that is really heated through. Problem is the smoker blows out after a few minutes/ hours and the food doesn't cook. Imagine my horror after letting ribs cook 6 hours to find them still pink with hungry guests at my place! I've tried moving the smoker to different places in case it was the wind. I also tried adding more charcoal from the chimney but still no luck keeping it lit. I've followed all of the manufacturers directions and now am at a loss. Can anyone help a frustrated BBQ-er out?How to cook on a charcoal smoker without it burning out?
Call the manufacture !How to cook on a charcoal smoker without it burning out?
Well, I am not sure exactly what kind of smoker that is, but i know that my husband adds wood to ours as well as the charcol. It adds a nice flavor as well as keeping the fire going (*depending on what kind you use). You also need to make sure that you keep adding wood as it goes along... you cant just start it and walk away. Good Luck!
you need to replace the coals every 45 minutes or so. the main thing is keeping a fairly constant temperature. around 225 to 250f. you will need to add more wood chips as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment